We are on Spring Break this week, but that doesn't stop hands on learning fun!!! Lovely had a blast after we ate dinner outside looking for bugs, etc, and found snails!!
 |
| The girls excited about finding so many snails |
 |
| Lovely's snail friend! So tiny.... |
 |
| We loved observing it!! Those little antennae... |
 |
| Lots of studying... |
 |
| Where they like to live. |
 |
She made a jar snail home using parts of the snails environment and then came inside to look up what type of snail it is and fun snail facts online!
|
We learned lots of neat facts (I never knew about the shell color!). He (She?) is very fun to watch - so graceful!! I think of all our critters we've observed, this is MY personal favorite.
Now, on to more Spring Break. Tomorrow we are making robots from recycled materials with our best friends next door. I can't wait to document that and post pics!
Next week we will be testing (as required by our state). We'll be taking the ITBS (reminds me of my childhood). I'm nervous, but hope she does well, and both of us can get a good picture of what she has learned this year, and what we can improve on!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!