Sorry for the lack of posts - we returned from Spring Break and entered state required standardized testing. What a week. It is a whole other beast, and I have thoughts on it now I've been through it:
A) as a first time 1st grade teacher.
B) as a parent watching their child try their best and limited in helping them.
C) seeing how much the tests are about TEST TAKING SKILLS than knowledge. (I knew this being a former high school teacher, but seeing it with the wee ones...wow!)
The one bonus was at the end of it feeling more confidence that we had a good year and I can do this.
Ok - crying baby....gotta run!
Friday, April 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!