Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of Second Grade!!

Look at my baby....she is a SECOND grader! When did that happen??!!

She picked out her back to school outfit and was ready for our first day of second grade homeschooling and also using parts of the k12 online school program!





Hasn't she grown SO much since last year? It is insane! She did it without my permission again! We didn't set any alarms this morning, but we were up by 7am and fed, dressed, and working at 8am. While last year's first day EVER went well, today was superb. She seems to love the combined "Well Trained Mind" and online formats blended together. It went much smoother and faster than last year's start. We were done by lunch (that she prepared).

Valiant and Gift did great. Gift napped most of the morning, and Valiant either hung out with us, or was off playing or being very mischievous lol!

I need to go and do some lesson planning work, but I plan to come back and update - more pics from today, and this summer. I caught some great summer moments on camera! I hope to get around to reading blogs again too! You all always inspire!

Much love and happy "New Year"to ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!