Around the time I first discovered Sue's blog and this meme, as well as started our 2nd year homeschooling - my world literally fell apart. My post below has a link to my main blog about it. Thankfully, I'm fighting my way back and homeschooling never missed a beat (because you can't beat the flexibility!). But, sadly, I never could really find the time to document the school year. I hope to start back with this post, and do some catch up posts in the future for Fall semester, and Spring Semester. So, without further adieu....
In my life this week…
Life has been so hectic this week - Irish Step on Thursday. Art on Wednesday. We also have been soaking in the gorgeous weather for fresh air, PE, and just loving life, to the point that it is has been more of a struggle to get our academics done. I can tell Spring Fever is taking root. I have to stay focused. I did manage to get both out of the house for a needed MNO and blog here again, so that is noteworthy!!
My favorite thing this week was…
Seeing Lovely excited over learning about some fables, and having her first slumber party (tonight!) in a long time (I think since we have moved). She served her friends on our back porch and they had the whole porch to themselves by solar candlelight. They ate spaghetti, laughed, and talked like any adult would at a night out. It was so cute to watch! Now, they are all snug in their beds....
In our homeschool this week…
Lovely has enjoyed the topics we are covering in our k12 program - but the work seems to keep mounting. We have a big writing assignment we have not started yet due at the end of March I am stressing over. And, while Lovely diligently does her work - our days seem to be getting longer, and she is fighting me some on learning how to spell her list words for her weekly unit.
Math is currently word problems and how to do reverse operations to check your work. It is so hard to watch a new reader struggle with both reading a problem AND having to solve it.
We've been taking a break from science because of our schedule (and usually Daddy does it with her and he has been traveling), but we've done lots of kitchen science and health work to keep her engaged.
I'm so excited about History. We just wrapped the Byzantine Empire this week, and will start the Middle Ages next week! We are both very excited! Maybe I will get my teaching mojo back with this unit??!
Art is, as always, fabulous. It is her favorite part of her week (they made self-stamps!). She has a talent for it. Dance (Irish Step) is going very well too. She has great focus and rhythm for it. I'm not sure if we can do it next year. We've had to take a break from piano because of our move (the piano is in storage) and we miss it dearly. So we do music lessons at home with music appreciation and then choir at church.
Questions/thoughts I have…
How do you go beyond the textbook or lesson to really bring it alive when
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
![]() |
| If I'm low on energy to be a creative homeschooler - how do I have energy to host a sleepover? |
Much love, all! Thanks for stopping by!!


.jpg)





Your studies sound busy. And I'm not sure how to help you get your mojo back but what about a spring break week to help everyone refresh. Enjoy a day outside {if you're able} read lots of great books and just enjoy being all togethter. Maybe you can't take an entire week off so maybe just a day or two. What a great slumber party picture! What fun memories
ReplyDeleteOh, you and your family have had a rough go of it since October, huh? I hope that things are settling down and everyone it healthy!
ReplyDeleteMy suggestion? Simplify. Don't worry about adding new while you're still emotionally (and physically recovering) from a rough fall/winter. Stick with the basics: some Language Arts and Math. Perhaps do some nature studies while enjoying the outdoors and record your notes and drawings in a journal. (Grab some books from the library later to read about whatever "nature" interests you.) Your oldest is 7 so it's really OK to take a breather!
Wow, your week does sound busy! And the slumber party looks like much fun! :-) Maybe some storytime at a park in the sunshine or some fun field trips can help get you through the spring fever? :-) Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. Many blessings, Lisa
ReplyDelete