Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Day in the Life of Co-Op

Sharing some pictures from our co-op classes today. Science was really fun! I enjoyed taking pics of both Lovely's class, and others as well. So much learning and fun together!

First things first - a group decade of the rosary to start the day (post daily Mass) - so sweet to listen to the kids. Many more kids and families came after Mass.  


While Lovely was so sweet, little Val charmed me - look at her hands. She's trying to follow along and did her hands this way all on her own and she toddled around. 


Below: Lovely's classroom of 1st through 3rd graders and 2 teachers. Their focus this week was natural distasters.  The children worked on a map and did:
Hurricanes - hurricane in a jar
Tornadoes - Where to go to be safe
Earthquakes - smashing tiles
Volcanoes - video, flip book, Coke and Mentos



Below:  The classroom I sometimes help in (I also do the nursery) of preK through K ages were doing great work about the solar system and how the earth and planets move around the sun (check out the lamp in the picture, she kept spinning the kids around in a circle while they circled the lamp to teach about day/night. So cute to watch the kids!).


Lovely and her budding close friendships: 


 Lovely's class mentos and coke volcano:

 WHOOSH!!!



 Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!


Mrs. C got a bit soaked but was happy with the demonstration. She was the hero of the students!


Back in class...


More of her classroom....


Class dismissed! Time for the playground! Gift hangs out....


Lovely swings (check out her missing teeth):

Little Val swings....


and slides....


Stroller parking.....
 

Swinging high in the trees....she was so happy!




It was a great day, as always :) We love co-op!

1 comment:

  1. I am whole-heartedly enjoying all of your homeschooling posts! You are doing a wonderful job. Your co-op looks like so much fun...makes me wish we had one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!