We have entered the season of Advent, a time of preparation. It is truly one of our favorite seasons. I had a great talk with my friend
Kate about some of my wishes for Advent and homeschooling, and she reminded me that Lovely is a good age to take moments to stop and breathe and experience learning with her in ways that can go off the chosen curriculum path. I'll write more about it later, but I'm still trying to find the balance of homeschooling I have envisioned and Lovely seems to learn by. I'm not doing what we feel called to yet. Balance is SO hard. But, Kate reminded me that Lovely is just in 1st grade, and youth is a time rich in experience. If I want to take a step back and delve into the richness of our faith right now, then I should. So, she provided me some links to Advent learning. So far, I love the direction we are going this Advent season. I think it will renew us when we head back to the old routine in January.
So, while we are still doing our math, and our phonics...everything else is on hold OR we are taking another approach. Social Studies, Literature, and Reading all are being done with an Advent focus, and I love it so far. It has come in handy too this week as our house was hit with many ailments, and we've been able to keep up because it is a refreshing,
sweet way to learn. I can't wait to share more about it.
Until then...a blessed Advent to you! May this time be a chance of great learning, great faith, preparation, waiting, and renewal for you!!
 |
| colored by Lovely |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!