Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Wrapping Up Our Animal Science Unit

As we closed out our many weeks on animal science, we did an experiment with worms. The girls caught some worms, then Lovely filled a jar with soil and sand. She then put the worms on top. She had to hypothesize which "terrain" the worms would pick when they were put in the jar. We then covered the jar in black paper and left it alone for 2 days.

Lovely guessed they would pick the soil..and she was right! It was also neat to see all the tunnels in the jar!








We got this project from her lesson plans. It was really wonderful! Nothing like getting dirty as you learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!