Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yo! Yo! It's a Go?

FaithButton

Successes? Really? Hmmm, maybe I can drum some up. :) 

1. I was honest. I haven't been feeling well, and it has shown up at home. As a wife, mom, and homeschooler - it has shown. But, I've tried, and I admitted it, and honesty helps me. It's not a big deal, but I'm vain with myself. I love being there for others, but to be the person who needs the listening ear? HARD!

2. Lovely has been learning things in NEAT ways, and when it tumbles forth and I see WHAT she's learned or mastered, it is the greatest THRILL for me!!! Her success, but my joy!

3. I learning to embrace an educational mess. LOL! Our "classroom" does not look as "cute" as when I first started this blog. HAHA. Most days when we leave that room, things are everywhere. YES, Lovely puts things up, and yes, I do my part, but still books, or toys, or sketch books can end up out and about with the baby and the toddler to chase around. I'm accepting that learning in the home is REAL. We're really living....and that is ok.  (Shhh, don't tell Maria Montessori! I swear the educational stuff IS put back!! lol).

So....you out there, what's shaken bacon? 

Thankful Thursday
This week I am thankful for...

1. better health.
2. my son's smiles.
3. Lovely's love of learning.
4. Lovely's ability to forgive me.
5. my husband.
6. the joy little Val bring the world.
7. the freedom to homeschool.
8. the voices in me to remember to think of how all children learn and how I still need to fight for changes for ALL kids. One step at a time....

Blessings!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think anything that involves learning or lesson planning is neat. I'm sitting in my dining room surrounded by papers and miscellaneous items for my CCD classes and I wonder what this place will look like next year if I homeschool. Perhaps we'll do our learning in a room where we can shut the door on the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{HUGS}}} I just read your "Wosey" post. I completely understand how you're feeling & have had MANY of the same feelings (whether illness, classroom clutter, etc. (I LOVE your term...Wosey! May I borrow it?) Great job of finding the sucesses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!