Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Go Us!

Danielle Bean and Faith and Family Live gives us permission to celebrate the little things in our lives today!!

FaithButton


1. Though, once again, I'm not getting tons of things done in our home currently (thus, I'm posting this here on my home school blog vs my main blog) because of the wee ones and making homeschooling our focus, I did manage to start work on a photo wall I've been wanting to do for some time. I never have really had pics of my kids up on my walls...WOW! So now I have this by our den stairs:


2.  We've had a great week of homeschooling after a more challenging one. I know it takes time to get one's groove, and we had one week where Lovely was not protesting, but she was over working. Things felt more like college than homeschooled 1st Grade, and I was worried Lovely would start to get upset. I opened up here and to friends, and got some great ideas. This past week has been a 180 degree turn!  The tips are working, and this past week was renewing and a big success! I'm always looking for more tips on making our days better, a good routine (how do you all start the day?), and motivating our kids to stay on track but enjoy as well.

3. Scrolling down below, I've posted some of our fun lesson successes, but one lesson in particular has ended up saving our yard lol! While getting outside, enjoying nature, studying insects up close, and learning all at once was a huge plus this week over last week, we discovered some of our specimens were part of an invading "army". This army sometimes never gets caught because they are more active at night and their damage blamed on the heat or dry weather. So, our whole family has learned something new. I do admit to feeling a bit grossed out - I feel watched by millions of hidden eyes!!

Laundry? What's that? Cooking meals? Huh? Not many successes this week, but I'll take what I can get above! I love what we've been able to do!

How is your week?!!

Thankful Thursday
This week I'm thankful for...

1. The support of my husband.
2. my children...such joy!
3. my incredible friend and neighbor.
4. time with family.
5.  prayer.
6. A God who is there for me even when I'm not always there for Him.

Much love!!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the photo wall! Your family is so beautiful! Isn't it great when your school studies overlap your life experiences? Great job finding the invaders. I just got a chuckle out of the million eyes watching you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo wall idea...really cool. Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds to me like you had lots of successes this week! I'm glad you're falling into your groove. And congrats on finding your "army" in the backyard - now let Lovely research a way to get rid of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! Hang in there, I'm sure you'll find your groove and get your balance eventually. I don't homeschool and finding the balance is hard for me too. "Just keep on truckin'!" is what I say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to 'read' the stress level is going down and the enjoyment level is going up....and that your home is no longer under attack!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to start our day with a prayer and a hymn, but I'm skipping the singing this year. So we say the Morning Offering together and then pray for family or friends. I'm planning to update our binder from last year with pictures of family groups. We'll pray for one family every day, then turn the page the next morning to pray for the next family.

    Ugh on the worms, by the way. We feel similarly about the bunnies here on the Range (without the grossness of a lawn crawling with them of course).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo wall! So sweet and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if it posted, because the page got refreshed so if not, you've been tagged over at my blog, Chocolate for Your Brain! Come over and play!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!