Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Co-op Day - All Saints


Today we had a really fun day at coop! We met for Mass, then started our "assembly day" with a decade of the rosary then met in one big room for a celebration of All Saints. The kids all got to pick a favorite saint and dress up, give a short speech about their saint (minus their name), and then the kids had to guess the saint. It was cute and fun!

Lovely picked St. Rose de Lima, and researched her a little and included in her costume a red face (I put blush all over her face to make it red like St. Rose) as St. Rose was so beautiful, she felt it distracted people from her love for Jesus - so she would irritate her face (Rachael found that fascinating - better than a fairy tail story with its twists and turns!). Little Val also went dressed up. In looking for saints for Lovely, we saw a childhood picture of Therese Martin   - the future St. Therese of Lisieux (The Little Flower). They both are/were so cute, curly, and little that it fit Valiant well.  


Lovely presenting her facts

all the kids waiting to present or guessing

our "Little" Flower

My parents came to see the presentations and have a feast lunch with us (so fun!) and then the kids played on the playground, had dessert, and we visited with everyone. Lovely went home for a sleepover with my parents. She was excited.

One of the highlights for me (aside from my girls) was seeing Kate again! I feel such a kindred spirit in her, and I feel God wired us the same way and she just touches other people's lives  - such a gift. It was so great to have her around with all of us - and her to see all her co-op friends. I was not in co-op when she was so I feel I missed out! I miss that our girls don't have Good Shepherd together anymore! Love you Kate!!!!

And...what would I do without the lady pictured above? My friend, mentor, and guide as I've gotten started homeschooling? Thanks K!!! (I'm not brown noising...I promise....much.......not because I bother you with constant questions hahahahahahaaha)

It was a fabulous start to the weekend! Thanks all!! Great job kids!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time! Our homeschool group is going to be doing our all Saints soon, we look forward to it every year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!