Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Aa - Along the Alphabet Path

Good Afternoon!

I am finding a nice minute to blog our start to our journey Along the Alphabet Path and though we are not done (I still need to read our saint and fairy stories and do some art work and writing) we have enjoyed exploring Aa this week. We'll be moving quickly since this is a summer plan, so we will also be doing B and C this week before VBS starts up.

While I don't have pictures of our apple pie (we ate it too fast!), here are some other pictures of our Awesome Aa exploration! I'll add more pics as we go.

Here, we attempted the letter A with all three kids, but little Gift (our son) doesn't seem to get the memo:


The big hit (and I forgot to snap pics) was a scavernger hunt with baskets to find items in our home that start with the letter Aa. We found an American Girl Doll:



an angel....



an alligator....


"A" cute little boy...


We also read some great books:



We love Amelia Bedelia! She cracks us up!

We made our apple pie and did some GREAT geography (we are still building on it, we look at a country mentioned a day) from this book: How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World.I can't say check this book out fast enough! Go get it from the library. It is a great book! Great for science.

Other great stories we have read nightly or daily have been:

Angels, Angel Everywhere
Angelina Ballerina
The Art Lesson
The Little Airplane
and my childhood copy of The Value of Love: The Story of Johnny Appleseed

We also had an Aa picnic...we had apples....


and Aa shaped sandwiches....



Even little Gift had an Aa lunch!! Look carefully...


somehow our cheese even looked like an A:
 

It was a lovely way to relax and start our summer Along the Alphabet Path....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!