In my life this week...
Swim lessons, potty training, a morning at the park, a morning at a play gym, cooking, cleaning, and maybe a nap? I need one! I feel run down....
In our homeschool this week...
Our first week of Serendipity's "Along the Alphabet Path". We started with the letter "A". Check back in a few days for pics and a write up (if you dare lol...will I get around to posting? hehe). We'll probably do 2-3 letters a week (much faster than the normal use of the "Path" - but this is just for summer learning) that bring us all together age wise. We've had so much fun so far!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing...
We hope to get out and about this weekend and see some museums or hike, or work on our garden this weekend. We are so behind!! lol
My favorite thing this week was…
The fun "A" scavenger hunt we did the other day. The girls were SO excited. I never expected this start to our summer! I've also enjoyed napping, relaxing, and not doing much of anything lol!
What’s working/not working for us…
Summer break is WORKING for us so far...hahaha!
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
We have decided to go with the k12 curriculum for next year. I'm both excited and nervous as I LOVED how we did things this year. I'm just intrigued by the learning support and FREE materials for every subject and project we have and how many of the sources are what we did this year with "The Well Trained Mind". I just wonder what the personal cost will be working so close with the state.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
I did some catch up posts below of our final weeks of the main school year...scroll down and see! Also a picture thought to share....
I did some catch up posts below of our final weeks of the main school year...scroll down and see! Also a picture thought to share....
| My summer swimmers! PE at its best! |
I am hoping to make the rounds and meet more of you!! Thanks for your kind words!!!
(Don’t forget to stop by The Homeschool Chick and The Preschool Corner to be encouraged by other journal entries or to add one of your own.)

.jpg)




Thank you for swinging by my blog. I'll let you know any feedback I get on the 3 weeks on, 1 week off schedule.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thank you for linking up to the alphabet path. That looks like a great resource and I will definitely be exploring it!
Enjoy your less structured days!
I am interested to follow your experience with k12 next year! Summer sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteCute swimmers! I think I need a nap this afternoon too, expect I need to clean a chick brooder, vacuum, make granola bars...Well, you know how it goes! LOL Stopping by from The Homeschool Mother's Journal. (First time linking up!)
ReplyDeleteJessy
Thanks for stopping by Tot and Me, glad to know you found my post of interest. It's why I started blogging in the first place. I wasn't sure what exactly you were asking for when you asked about me posting my Aa. Just to let you know we did A way back in September. This year we are following the readinglessons.com order for teaching the sounds/letters so it has been a while. Here, however is the link to my Aa posts
ReplyDeletehttp://totsandme.blogspot.com/search/label/Aa
If you check my labels list I do have labels for each letter of the alphabet that we have done. It has actually taken us 2 or 3 weeks to do a letter most of the time.
Glad you stopped by, I will also be enjoying following along on your homeschool journey
Blessings
Ah, yes summer rocks! If our state supported K12 I think I'd certainly give it a try too! Or a virtual school. Sometimes, curriculum is expensive!!
ReplyDeleteIt is very nice to meet you! Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment on my site! Your site is lovely - I love all of your photos. We too are very behind in gardening. Frankly, I don't know if it's too late to start or not? We haven't even turned over the ground. The spot is getting plenty of deer traffic ;) Have fun this summer and I hope to see and hear from you on future Homeschool Mother's Journals!
ReplyDeleteWhat cutie-pie swimmers you have:) xo
ReplyDeleteHope you get that nap soon!
When you formulate an opinion on that "working so closely to the state" thing, please do share it with me. My eldest daughter is homeschooling her children for the first time and has enrolled in a similar program...she is wondering the same as you. God's blessings upon your sweet family as you venture down this new path:)
I went and checked out your link to 'along the alphabet path' and it looks neat. At first I didnt get it and wondered what was going on with all the fairies, but looking further it's very cute!! I'm sure your girls will love it.
ReplyDelete