Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Let's Celebrate!!

Successes anyone??

FaithButton

1. I'm taking the time to enjoy my family. Baby Gift is just such a complete joy in our lives, and I want to savor his sweetness and pure deliciousness as long as I can (isn't he amazing? LOL). Plus, seeing him with his sisters makes my heart swoon. I love how home schooling is giving us such treasured time together.

2. We had a great teachable moment this week in our learning. I love those!!! I guess that isn't really my success...but I'm happy to mention it!! I loved how it tied into art, food, science, social studies, and fun!!

3. We have also been keeping up with schedules, co-op, and learning topics. I really love how things come together, and every additional day that goes well for homeschooling is a blessing to me giving me more confidence that we can do this.

How is your week?

Thankful Thursday
This week I am most thankful for...

1. YOU. You who read and comment and give ideas. Thank you.
2. my husband - a great supporter, teacher (music!!) and substitute teacher for when I'm sick...like this week....
3. Lovely - for her spirit, love of learning, and patience with me.
4. Val - for her smiles and hugs, and love of color!
5.  God, good health, and inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for you too! And I love #1. We decided to space births between 3 and 4 (and no, I am not pregnant right now...)for many reasons (my husband was finishing school and job hunting being the first one) and I made the concious decision to focus on Will being a baby...would you know, he's so far ahead of where the others were developmentally at his current age, that it is like having a two-year-old than a sixteen-month-old!!! But it's God's plan not mine! C'est la vie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, I am so glad that homeschooling is going better and better for you all.

    I give thanks for you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. teachable moments rock! Great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!