| The tray is full of shapes to group to answer the fill in the blanks. |
| Lovely figuring out the answers. |
| She did it! Time to practice more! |
This semester we are starting to learn about groups, and "of". 5 groups of 2. 4 groups of 4. You see where this is leading....multiplication! We started this last week, and work on the vocabulary as we do manipulatives. We are grouping everything! I was/am a bit nervous teaching this stuff. I have such a struggling background in math. But, this has been, and is, wonderful for ME. I'm seeing things differently, feel less threatened, and love learning these concepts again. Lovely is enjoying learning with me which makes this all worth it!! She's a lot smarter than her momma!
.jpg)





A's class is still working on larger addition/subtraction problems. Haven't even started multiplication.
ReplyDeleteHey - not sure you'll see this, but I'm following her math book. I love Singapore math, but it does move fast, and I have to make my own reviews - so I find myself stopping a lot to review the basics.
ReplyDeleteShe's not full into multiplication yet, just the wording and grouping, but I can see how it will plant the seeds for later on.
Our reading is still a work in progress, but Tommy told me 2nd grade is an explosion year for that....
I'm not real familiar w/ Singapore, but I've heard great things about it. Honestly, I don't work with my kids on their work as much as I should. I see A's on their report cards, and leave well enough alone - bad, I know, but I just figure they are learning if they're making A's - lol. :) I admire you.
ReplyDelete