Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Scream

Last week, Lovely learned about expressionist Edvard Munch. They studied one of the versions of his famous work, "The Scream." They learned about expressionism, did some work in his style, then did their own versions.

Here is a close up of Munch's work:


Here is Lovely's interpretation of herself in the work:


I REALLY loved this. On top, Lovely drew things that made her scream, such as:
~ a cobra
~ a vampire (????)
~ a spider
~ a dragon roller coaster.

On the bottom she drew things on the bottom that don't make her scream, such as bumblebats (??) and guinea pigs.

I love her creativity.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, dearest, this is leaps and bounds beyond how well I could ever hope to paint. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful!! What a neat project. Great blog, looks like you love (and do a wonderful job with) homeschooling. Anxious to check out some of the links in the side-bar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!