Thursday, August 5, 2010
Small Sucesses - "Pre-Planning" Edition
Still plugging away over here. I was hoping to have more successes to report on (since I'm not doing a thing to the house so I can't report there lol) in my home schooling prep - but I'll take what I can get. I'm still waiting for some items to arrive, and I still am figuring out my homeschool tracker system - but I'll figure it all out in time I guess.
1. I've been re-reading and planning out our days using my copy of The Well Trained Mind. It's nice to brush up on suggestions for our schedule, routine, etc.
2. My family and I attended the local Homeschool Expo. It was so helpful and fantastic!!!
3. I attended a meeting Wed night with my new co-op and met some wonderful, dedicated home schoolers that want to plan an exciting 1st semester. We'll do a monthly field trip, and 2 co-op classes per month. The focus this Fall will be science and then service projects. They do themes each semester, so this was voted on in the Spring by the members. I'm an assistant teacher in the K-3 science class. Luckily, the lead teacher really will take the lead. She was really sweet (has been doing both homeschooling and this co-op forever) and has all the equipment and plans we need. I'll mostly just help keep kids on track. They like to be easy on the 'newbies' so we won't get overwhelmed and drop out of the co-op (which leaves them in the lurch too - so its a good policy). Science will be the first part of the semester, and service projects the latter part.
That's about all I can report. Goodness....we'll see what happens when we aim to start school Monday. I'll report back on Thurs. EEEK!! :)
Thankful Thursday
This week I'm thankful for...
1. patient members in a helpful co-op.
2. a hubby who helps me find deals online.
3. inspiration from many sources.
4. my girls.
5. the excitement of a fresh new year - unmarred, raw, unwritten, exploding in possibilities.
6. faith.
Much love!!!
Labels:
small successes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)





Good luck to you! I'm sure it will be a great school year!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great in all your planning! I need to pull out my copy of The Well-Trained Mind. Even though I'm not using it exclusively this year, there are a lot of great tips & ideas in there.
ReplyDeletegood luck on Monday! Can't wait to 'hear' how it is going.
ReplyDeleteYou're going to be fantastic -- you already are! I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you and your girls, it is sounded like as if it is coming together nicely. Good for you!!
ReplyDeleteIt's always great to feel organized for the start of the school year. Prayers for a successful one!
ReplyDeleteYour doing great with the planning. Your enthusiasm is inspiring! I ran the science co-op for four years in our homeschooling group. It was a blast!
ReplyDeleteJust remember to enjoy the moment and be present to your kids. Those are the memories are the ones that will sustain them.
Have a fabulous week!
The closer it gets the harder it is for me to remember why AT is in regular school this year. :(
ReplyDelete