Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thanks Sister! Thanks Friends! Thanks Postlady!

My sister sent over some extra materials from her school room. She's been cleaning and organizing her 2nd grade classroom and has been sharing with me. She sent some manipulatives for different areas, including this math one. She sent a Place Value Pocket Chart. I think it was from a former center.

I made this very large example number to see if most of the pieces were with it. It has some missing pieces. I had to make some #'s on the computer because they were missing. It should work fine for the early problems though that don't go too high - though I had to print out the 2's and the 4. It also comes with decimal values too for later as well.

One of my friends from my church who also homeschools and is in the Co-Op gave me these pattern pieces. I am so appreciative. The $1 spot also had these science cards I could use for this year too.


And, books are continuing to come in. I'm now ready for Monday. I just need to see what is what, and when I could use it (a page a day here and there for the subject area to check skill). I'm excited to crack them open, and read them with her!

Some of these books are MINE lol...
So, thank you sister for your help, thanks L for your donations, thanks Postlady for our mail, and here's to a day of rest tomorrow before we see what REALLY will happen Monday morning! So excited!!!

3 comments:

  1. Those are very good finds and homeschool hand-me-downs. I know how appreciated all of those little things are. They all come in handy at some point or another. I've just found those cards at the $ spot too. Oh how I love that little area!!

    Good luck on your first day of school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your enthusiasm! My home-schooling friends always tell me I'm a home-schooler at heart - I love to read about your progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved reading your enthusastic reports on setting up etc.
    i will enjoy this journey with you
    Blessings
    Gae
    P.S.
    I have some book lists on my book blog http://rosemanorforme.blogspot.com/ if you are looking foor some and some of our learning activities and schedules etc on my learning blog http://cherishedheartslearningathome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!