Recording both the the "rosey" and "wosey" of home educating our 7 year old FULL time, having teachable moments with our 2 year old SOME time, while holding a baby ALL the time. Is it summer break yet?!!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tentative Schedule

Well, I think we have a routine/schedule in place. One that will probably be outdated in a week or two - HA! But, it is an idea and starting point.

Let's see....

Tentative Schedule for Fall:


Monday - Library visit, Language Arts, Math, History, Faith, Piano and some Art study

Tuesday - Lovely attends her Montessori class, and we do some Language Arts, Math, and has a Piano lesson

Wednesday - Language Arts, Math, History, Science,  Geography, Faith, Piano, something Art-ish or creative

Thursday - Language Arts, Math, History, Science, Geography, Piano, something Art-ish, Faith

Friday - Co-op Day, OR Field Trip day (they alternate), OR Catch Up day, or creative learning day.

All these days can move around (aside from Co-Op sessions) to do a Field Trip anytime, a project, or a sick day(s), etc. I already have one Field Trip per month planned for my family, and the co-op has a field trip planned each month as well for the group.

We'll get active too - walking, and playing outside. In later August, Lovely will get a class at our local Rec Center to help have fun and be active in a sport or physical activity.

The goal is to make it FUN, use living books, a worksheet from each subject area for checking skills/knowledge, learn through play, lots of snuggling and reading, hands on discoveries, getting outside, drawing, etc.  I'll see how much we have to change to make it work for us, but for now - this is how we'll attempt the week.

So - what is your routine? Getting up early? Sleeping in? Learning in PJ's? Clothes? Broken up throughout the day? Advice? Things that have worked or not worked?

(and I'll try to stay away from the $ bin...haha - see below post. Wait...maybe I won't. One never knows what they'll find or come up with!!).

3 comments:

  1. The one comment I would make is to take a look at your day and specifically what you have on your list to accomplish in subjects that require your full attention, or reading to her, etc. and save those for when the baby is sleeping or nursing and the toddler is napping or occupied. That will be much less frustration for you and for her, because of less interruptions, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, good point! I'll do that. Valiant will also have a couple of days at preK to help with this too!

    Kris - you've been amazing...THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start! If you're looking for comments mine would be to set some priorities for school. There will likely be many days you don't get 1/2 of it accomplished. If you are anything like me it was always discouraging. When someone finally told me to prioritize and count it a good day if those things got done my outlook changed. For K our advisor suggests handwriting, reading, math, and religion. The rest is icing on the cake. Icing worthwhile shooting for, but icing nonetheless.

    I love your library day. I cannot get there every week with my brood (we're homeschooling 6 this year with a toddler) but I need to set up something consistent. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!!